This year’s Art of Teaching will focus on teaching with beautiful books. What is new and innovative out there for us to bring into the classroom when it comes to literature? How can we best use books to teach hard history? Learn to expand your abilities with book discussions. Find out how to choose books that are right for your course and for your students. Develop tools to mine the books we teach with for the lessons they contain. What can we do for this rising generation of students to make their learning experience the best it can be? Our keynote speaker and breakout sessions will help you be ready and prepared for whatever is on your horizon.
Introducing the 2023 Keynote Speaker – Candice Dugger (www.candicedugger.com)
Homeschool Teachers Guide to Navigating the Epidemic of Bullying in Today’s Society
Candice Dugger is a nationally recognized anti-bullying expert. Her life-changing programs use interactive activities and projects to motivate groups to be effective anti-bullying warriors. She specializes in equipping leaders, parents, and youth on all aspects of Gen Z bullying.
Important – all sessions will be online using Zoom. Reminders and a Zoom link will be sent via your registration email. Session times are all in Mountain Standard Time.
- 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Candice Dugger (Keynote Speaker) – Navigating the Epidemic of Bullying
- 10:35 AM – 11:30 AM Jeffery McKenna – Why and How We Should Teach Patriotism to Young Americans
- 11:35 AM – 12:45 PM Ann Ferguson – The Best Year Ever!
- 12:50 PM – 1:45 PM Stephanie Miller and Janice Marcum – Co-op Instruction: Do You Have What It Takes?
- 1:50 PM – 2:45 PM Claire Jones – Innovating In a Scholar School
- 2:50 PM – 3:45 PM Kami Wanous – Teaching Is Not the Goal
3:50 PM – 4:30 PM Debrief & Closing Remarks